Friday, September 21, 2012

REBECCA MINKOFF, DONT EVEN.




I am going to start my first post off on a bad note because the shows that I hate are the ones that stick out most to me. Rebecca Minkoff beloved designer of the ever so popular and semi affordable Mini MAC bag needs to stick to what she knows. Two of the looks below were my least favorite from her show..

I do not think that the dress on the left flatters anyone not even the ultra skinny model who is wearing it. It is called the Ready To Wear collection for a reason. This dress looks like she took a table cloth and just simply decided to wrap it around the model. 

Besides the fact that I just do not like the jean on jean look EVER, this Rebecca Minkoff look is Tommy Bahama gone wrong. The look would have seemed a lot more classic and subtle if it was paired with a classic white jean jacket and flower-patterned printed jeans. 

Overall I have to say that most of Rebecca Minkoff's white looks were much too stark white. Although that seemed to be what everyone was doing for Spring 2013 many of her looks reminded me of 90's jean outfits gone wild wild west. Note to Rebecca Minkoff please skip your fifteen minutes of runway fame and keep making those fabulous bags and sunglasses! 

courtesy of style.com
courtesy of style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment